Monday, September 27, 2010

Ning Networks...Classroom 2.0

As a former Ning user, I really like the social networking opportunity it provides, however, I was thoroughly disappointed when Ning.Com started charging to use its site.  The students that I had used the site with had also graduated in June leaving "Miss Hart's Ning" dorment all summer anyways.  Now that I have reentered the sea of Ning Networks I found an extremely relevant and useful Network called "Classroom 2.0" Later, I realized this was the first Ning Network recommended on our syllabus... Nevertheless, it stuck out to me because the site provides posts from educators and individuals from all over regarding various topics of how to implement technology within your classroom, technology/education standards, online seminars, software, etc., etc.  Classroom 2.0 was created for educators interested in Classroom 2.0 and social media within education.  I like how there is a link for "beginners" to begin digital dialog.  There is nothing more overwhelming then attempting to become more digital savvy and hitting a brick wall in your first attempt.  What a great idea to guide novices through their first attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment